Pages

Monday, January 25, 2010

Goodbye Earth, pt. 13

Goodbye Earth
Page Thirteen

The final part!

“You’re sweet too,” I smiled, in a kind way, as if I was talking to an old woman who was down on her luck.

“Come on Star,” she said, “Let’s go swimming."
4 days passed, full of strange news coverage, sadness, and a sweet sprinkling of fun with Moon.

December 21, 2012

I awakened the morning of the polar shift with dread in my heart. That day, everyone on planet Earth, would experience fatal occurences. I got out of my sterile white bed, pulled the sheets up, and pulled on the clothes I’d been wearing the day when I last saw my family. Today was going to be a day of remembrance.

 I walked out of the sleeping quarters towards the main lobby and peeked out of the window. Niburu blocked my usual vision of Earth and I guessed that the polar shift might have already occurred. I walked over to the TV and turned it on. There was still a broadcast, so the polar shift could not have occurred. I watched as a man walked in his robe into the "living room". He stood silently behind the sofa, watching the television. The reporter man stood bundled in heavy coats during a roaring windstorm.

“Today is the predicted day of the apocalypse. I am beginning to believe it too. With wind gusts up to 500 mph. at the equator, we are not having an easy time. Already one third of the November population is dead, and we are expecting the toll to go up. Therefore, anyone watching, would you please sit down, take a break, and get to know your family! Do all the important things in life!” At that point, the wind really started howling. A tree was uprooted and slammed right into him. Moon, who was sitting next to me gasped. The television suddenly went static. Moon flipped through all the channels. I looked at Moon with a feeling of panic. I went to go and look out the window. A huge shock wave spread out around the Earth in a huge halo, and I could see it moving-spinning. That moment, I recalled Jerri, my best friend, Dad, who did not believe, Peace, my sister, Mom, my loving mother, and all mankind. I knew that there was no hope for them. They were all gone by then, and that moment they were witnessing firsthand what I was seeing from far away.

 All the people on the space station stood behind the thick glass panes. Some women cried, some were fainting, and others were utterly shocked. Then the woman who directed the space station came walking up.

“Everyone, please get away from the windows. We don’t want anyone breaking the glass!” she gruffly said. Directly, she grabbed Moon by the arm.

Moon wrestled free, crying and moaning, “I’m not taking this anymore!” She lifted the steel vase which she held in her hand.

“Moon, no!” I shouted. A tear stained Moon busted a large hole in the glass with her vase and bloody fist. The station's coordinater was shocked. Moon stepped out onto the ledge outside and jumped.

That moment I realized what a mess I had made of my life. Moon was dead, just like everyone else. By coming here, I had betrayed my family and ruined my life as well. I walked up to the hole in the window despite the screams of the observers. The lack of air parched my lungs as I looked out at the still space before me.

Voices of the past shot through my brain. I saw Jerri, Mom, Dad, and Peace. I knew they were waiting, smiling, beckoning for me. So I came to their call.



THE END

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

whoa