Pages

Monday, January 11, 2010

Goodbye Earth, pt. 1

Goodbye Earth
Page One

Thursday, December 10, 2012
I collapsed to the grass exhausted after the exercises at track.

“I am no track chick!” I panted to Jerri, who sat next to me likewisely bushed.

“Me either,” Jerri replied.

“I can’t tell that. You do hurdles so well,” I responded, smiling at Jerri. She rolled her eyes.

My teenaged coach sat up. “Okay girls, you can all go home now,” she said in her husky voice as her brawny boyfriend wrapped his arms around her and kissed her neck.

“Eww,” Jerri whispered.

“The sky looks like it is going to snow, maybe track will be called off tomorrow,” I said, looking up at the cloudy sky.
"That'll be a relief," sighed Jerri, standing up.
I lifted myself off the ground with a grunt and plucked up my bag.

“Bye!” I said to Jerri, noticing my family waiting on the bleachers.

“See you!” called Jerri, running across the field.

I walked back to my parents. My mother stood wrapped in blankets, looking chilly and tired.

“Let’s go home now!” she whispered, puffs of steam emanating from her mouth.

“Awww, Mom. It isn’t that cold,” I said, “I’m wearing a T-shirt”

“A cup of hot chocolate awaits me at home!” Mom murmured as we walked back to the car. Our rusty pickup shivered as Dad turned the key. Mom turned on the heater. I realized how cold I was and snuggled next to my sister, Peace. Peace pushed me away.

“Geez, it’s not like I want to be near you!” I exclaimed.

“Okay, okay. Just don’t act so lovey,”

“Umm…That wasn’t lovey.”

Peace sighed. “Whatever.”

I sat back in my seat, and tried to keep warm. Mom turned on the radio and out blasted the noise of a talk show. I heard the word apocalypse and turned my ears to the noise. At the words, “December 21 is the day! Prepare to see the Messiah!” my dad turned off the radio. Silence filled the car.

“Uh, what does that guy mean?” I asked quietly.

“Nothing, sweetie,” my mom said, “It’s just something people think is going to happen. It is just a silly rumor.”

“Well, Mom I think I should know about this!” I yelped.

“Well, people say that a planet will pass Earth on December 21, 2012 and cause cataclysmic occurrences. That probably won’t happen, though.”

Come back to bluepencildiaries.blogspot.com tomorrow for the next page of Goodbye Earth!

No comments: